NotWizards Ep7 NotWizards Ep7

Holy shitcity, this made my day. Rewatched all of them, only to find a new ep was released! It was awesome in all the ways, as usual. I love how every room has a bizarre theme, lovely artwork. But I missed R1 in this one. Love R1. I posted ep 6 on my facebook wall to see how many people I could rope in. I got nothing. People are stupid to not love this. It is humour avant garde. I feel special.

Eyelids-pie responds:

aw shux <3

life (hebil) life (hebil)

good, but needs background

As you said, you had hard time with the sound, but it was not the sound effects I disliked. What I missed was a background. I can understand if you choose not to use music, but if you do that, you need to compensate with good soundwork. A background, be it wind blowing, drones, the sound of being underwater, anything. So it's not completely silent.

Since you used vast landscapes and long shots to set the mood, music or good sound would've raised the whole thing a lot more. Then the slow pace wouldn't make the viewer get bored (like i did in the beginning), but rather sucked into it more easily.

Abeyance: Audition Abeyance: Audition

alright, but one thing-

since the scientist is called bordaeux, I'm guessing you were aiming for a french accent. But it was more of a russian or even more eastern european accent, which was actually quite accurate. Remane him to Pietrovic? OR maybe he had a french dad or something :P

Anyways, it shows promise- the first real episode after this will decide if it'll be a good series or not. I'll definately keep my eyes open for the next ep.

Calicard responds:

A Russian can be named Sanchez, a Latino Okinawa, etc.

Just because the name is French does not make HIM French.

Thanks. I hope I get into this tournament, and I will make the next episode even better.

Mastermind 4 Mastermind 4

Excellent. only one thing:

You break the 180 degree angle rule. It makes it slightly confusing as to where people are sitting and which way they're looking. The rule's not set in stone of course, but at a table scene like that , it's a good guideline. Instead of having the "camera filming" frenchy and punk girl from the right, it should've been straight on them or from the left, since you see mastermind from the right aswell. Just to have anything to criticise on, you know.
I don't know if every Joe Smith notices this, but as a filmmaker it stings in my eye a bit. If you don't understand what the hell I'm talking about, I can PM you with a deeper explanation.
I've liked your stuff since early blockhead and I do love seeing you get better and funnier with every flash. keep it up, you... big... you big... swain, you.

Pentagon n' Oval Pentagon n' Oval

a masterpiece...

... of contemporary art. An expression of the severe lonelyness that the 00's have brought upon us with its endless techonologies. This piece covers every emotion from anger to sadness, with a touch of humour where it's most needed. This moved me more than shawshank redemption and requiem for a dream put together, not to mention the skillful artistry and smooth animation. Sharp drawings (I have never seen such sharp pentagons) accentuate the message of the film.
One question though: are the pentagons a metaphor for the corporate world, or are they just jealous cause they have smaller cocks?

Sunshine The Parakeet Sunshine The Parakeet

That's it, I'm never getting a bird in a cage.

Very well animated and voice acted. And pretty funny. Need to sharpen up your editing skills a little bit though, some of the clips needed some topping and tailing- that is some clips lingered longer than they had to, which slowed down the pace a bit. But you get that fingertip-feeling with experience if you don't have it straight away.

Flecko's Halloween Flecko's Halloween

good, but needs some sound work.

Extremely well animated, fight scene was beautiful. But the sound needs a touch up. On some louder lines the voice disted=need to lower those. Also, I thought the whole x-ray breaking rib thing needed a really good sound effect, to make more impact. It looks cooler if it sounds cooler.
And lastly, you -could- sharpen the editing a bit too, cut down half seconds in slightly lenghty parties. Just some pointers, otherwise, a most brilliant flash. It got all teh 5's from me.

Toaster-Hand Man Toaster-Hand Man

pretty good, but feels rushed

it feels like you finished it in a rush, at the end it just feels a bit choppy, not as fluent as in the beginning. Also, the soundwork needs some touching up at places, but it was definately worth the watch. if you make a couple of more episodes i think it'll evolve, since the concept is pretty cool.

Mindy Learns a Moral Mindy Learns a Moral

brilliantly animated

Very good animation, good attention to details, and very fluent. Good voice acting, but the sound quality was lacking on some of the characters, like the other daughter. The volume levels were a bit uneven at times too, I think, but that's easy to fix. And as someone else said, the story felt a bit dragged out on places, but I can't really put my finger on what to edit out. But that's something you get a feeling for with experience. All in all, it was a good piece and I look forward to the next installment.

TmsT responds:

The story had already been edited down from something quite more epic, maybe that's what you were getting a feeling for?

FF6 Opera-Pella Fun FF6 Opera-Pella Fun

good animating, needs sound work though

Funny idea, well animated, especially the facial expressions and all that. One thing ruined it for me though, and that is that I could instantly hear that you were sitting in a room, not in a car. I could clearly envision you guys sitting there having a laugh in front of the mic in your room, rather than these characters singing in the car.
You could at least have put a silent motor sound siiilently in the background, it would have done so much. And record in a studio or room with better acoustics.
Other than that, it was great. keep it up!